Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I identify the type of bird that is causing problems?
- Is there a guarantee and warranty?
- What are your shipping and handling charges and ship times?
- Are the electronic repellers audible to humans?
- Will the sounds affect domestic pets or livestock?
- Where should I place my bird repeller for maximum effectiveness?
- How long until I see results?
- Do the birds become accustomed to the sounds or the visual repellers?
- Are your bird control products weatherproof?
- Will extreme temperatures cause any problems with the product?
- What are the differences between all the Electronic (Sonic/ Ultrasonic) Repellers?
- What payment types do you accept?
1. How can I identify the type of bird that is causing problems?
- Call your local Audubon Society
- Check your local library
- Consult your local Fish and Wildlife agency
- University Extension Service
The groups listed above should be familiar with the local birds in your area. It is essential to find out what kind of bird is causing the problem to ensure that the right chip is ordered. The chips will have distress sounds of the bird you are trying to repel which cause them to panic (thinking birds of prey are nearby).
2. Is there a guarantee and warranty?
Good Life Inc. carries high-quality bird control products by Bird Gard®, Bird-X® and Zon®. Each manufacturer has their own Return and Warranty Policies that we must follow. Good Life will work with each customer to the best of our ability for all warranty situations. For specific warranty information, please visit our Warranty Page. For all warranty questions, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-657-8214. A Good Life® Customer Care Representative can determine the warranty for your specific product(s).
3. What are your shipping and handling charges and ship times?
4. Are the electronic repellers audible to humans?
Most of the electronic repellers we carry are audible, yes. This is because birds are best repelled by other bird sounds. Most units have an adjustable volume control and customizable time settings. For example, you can set the Bird Gard® Pro to operate only during daylight hours, and even at random intervals. This allows for use in residential areas. When the unit is kept on a low volume, most people can dismiss the sounds as "normal" bird sounds.
5. Will the sounds affect domestic pets or livestock?
Bird Gard® electronic repellers are safe to use around pets and livestock. No animals are harmed by the Bird Gard sounds. Most domestic animals and livestock quickly get use to the sounds and are not negatively impacted.
6. Where should I place my unit for maximum effectiveness?
Bird Gard® Recommends: The unit needs to face the area that is affected, and usually the unit is mounted on a wooden post or metal pole at a height of 4 to 6 feet above ground level. For an agricultural setting, the unit should be place 2 to 3 feet above the level of the crop. With crops that grow fairly high some speakers may need to be lowered so that sound is also protecting the area under the tree canopy.
Bird-X™ recommends: Let the environment be your guide. A sound repeller works best when installed at the level of the pests, speakers facing the direction from where they arrive, with no walls or other structural barriers blocking the sound. A visual deterrent will be most effective when mounted at the level of, and close enough to and easily visible to the pests. Spikes and Bird Liquid must be applied to each specific beam, ledge, sill, etc. on which birds are roosting. Please read the detailed instruction manual on the product you've selected.
7. How long until I see results?
The length of time may vary, but typically the birds will leave the area within 2-3 weeks. In most cases, you will see results very quickly. Fruit growers will need to have a unit in operation two weeks before their crop begins to ripen.
8. Do the birds become accustomed to the sounds or the visual repellers?
Birds and pests are smart and stubborn. They often get used to, and therefore don't fear, visual devices that don't move or sound repellers that don't change pattern. Our visual deterrents move and change with the wind and light, and some have always-changing holographic printing or patterns to further confuse birds. Our sound repellents vary their frequency, intermittence, hours of operation and more, and furthermore, they are user adjustable for different situations. This prevents birds from becoming acclimated to the repellers.
9. Are your bird control products weatherproof?
Most of the bird-repelling products we carry are weather 'proof;' some are only weather 'resistant,' so please check the product description for details or Contact Us. All Bird Gard products are designed for outdoor use and are completely weatherproof. Zon Propane Cannons are also designed for outdoor use. Bird-X products' weather resistance varies per product.
10. Will extreme temperatures cause any problems with the product?
Bird Gard guarantees their electronic repellers will will operate normally between 32 F and 110 F. For best results, try to keep any plastic-cased units out of direct sun during the hot summer months.
11. What are the differences between all the Electronic (Sonic/ Ultrasonic) Repellers?
Most of the units we carry emit audible (sonic) bird sounds. The main difference between each unit is its coverage area - our products can cover an area ranging from 1000 square feet, up to about 30 square acres! See our Electronics Product Comparison page for more info.
12. What payment types do you accept?
We accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Checks (10-30 day holding period) and Money Orders (30 day holding period). For full details, please see our Payment Options page.